19/02/2014

The Brit Awards 2014

So I watched the BAFTAs, loved all the London Fashion Week snaps, admired some of the Elle Style Awards outfits and now...the Brit Awards.

Something that begins with The Arctic Monkeys, includes appearances from Prince and Pharrell Williams, and gives us simple folk a gander at some designer clothing (some straight off the LFW AW14 runway - ahem, yeah Lily Allen in House of Holland <3) can't be bad!
My favourite outfit of the whole night has to be Aluna Francis, of AlunaGeorge, wearing all white with sheer mesh details and chunky white heels whilst performing White Noise on stage with Disclosure. But alas, I cannot find a photo anywhere in the depths of the internet (yet).

So here are my favourites from the red carpet...

In my opinion, Aluna Francis nailed it twice at the Brit Awards 2014...it's been around for seasons and if worn wrong can look absolutely horrendous, but a little bit of sheer makes this raspberry coloured outfit. I love the bright, triangle bra obscured by the shirt. Aluna looks effortlessly beautiful.

 

Fearne Cotton opted for a metallic A-line dress with matching clutch and shoes. Whilst it's something I would probably never wear myself (a little bit too 'prom') I think she looked amazing, keeping it very minimalistic with regards to jewellery and accessories.
Hannah Reid, the singer from London Grammar, also looked totally sophisticated in this amazing black, sequined Elie Saab floor-length dress. 

Another '#allwhiteeverything' moment for fashion on the red carpet (it's been happening a lot recently...) with Pixie Lott. Love the silvery pointed pumps and the splashes of gold with this elegant, understated dress.

What do you think? Who wore your favourite ensemble at the Brits 2014?
(I do not own these images. Source: Glamour magazine website)

1 comment:

  1. I love the all white look. Lily Allen looked fabulous didn't she?! Fearne never gets it wrong!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete